The CIDA Program’s Body of Knowledge
The CIDA program’s “Body Of Knowledge” includes but is not limited to:
- The Investment Process: Trade Processing, Settlement and Clearance
- The Short-Term Market: T-Bills, Commercial Paper, Banker’s Acceptance, CDs, Eurodollars, and Agencies.
- Securities in the Capital Markets: Fixed Income Securities: Treasuries, Corporate Bonds, Zero-Coupon Bonds, Asset-Backed, Mortgage-Backed Securities, and Municipals.
- Equities: Preferred, Common, Equity-Linked Notes
- The Importance of Auditing Derivatives: What’s Going Wrong? Derivative Debacles of the Past, Hedging vs. Speculation, Derivative Risk Management, What’s Going Right?
- Managing the Cash: Reasons to Hold Cash in the Portfolio, Best Practices for “Economizing” Cash, Internal Controls in the Cash Management Process
- The Forward and Futures Contracts: Mechanics, Why Forwards rather than Futures, Why Futures rather than Forwards, Characteristics of Exchange-Traded Contracts, The Mechanics of Margin, Using Futures to Hedge Fair Market Value
- Fundamentals of Options: Option Strategies and Terminology, Analyzing the Option Premium, Types of Options, Caps and Floors.
- SWAP Mechanics and Terminology: SWAP Examples, Foreign Currency Hedging with SWAPS, SWAP Examples, SWAPTIONS
- Back office and Reporting: Back Office Systems and Controls, Understanding the Pitfalls of Investment Reporting
- The Front Office: The Portfolio Management Process, Auditing Broker Activity, Auditing Soft Dollar Activity
- The Middle Office: Model Verifications, Price Verifications, Understanding Value-at -Risk
- Significance of the Asset and Liability Management (ALM) Function: Popular Methods of ALM, Duration, Stress Testing
- Management Risk: Responsibilities, Policies and Procedures, Audit Considerations
- Market Risk: VAR, Model Risk, Price Risk, Liquidity Risk, Audit Considerations
- Counterparty Risk: Master Agreements, Credit Enhancements, Credit Value-At-Risk, Audit Considerations
- Legal Risk: Netting Enforceability, Foreign Counterparties, Audit Considerations
- Operational Risk: Audit Considerations, Compliance in the Investment Infrastructure, Accounting for Investments & Derivatives
Don’t let this exciting opportunity pass you by! Call us today for more information or click belowto sign up online via our online form.
Click here to register for the CIDA Review Course or Exam or purchase the CIDA Study Guide