Emerging Issues in Investments and Derivatives
New Orleans: September 23-25, 2015
Day 1* & 2: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Day 3: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
*Note – Registration begins at 7:30 am on the first day of class.
LIMITED ENROLLMENT | REGISTER EARLY
CIDA Referral Program – Special Discount!
If you refer a new CIDA candidate to the program and they sign up for the exam, you will receive a 25 percent discount off the Emerging Issues in Investments and Derivatives course registration fees. If they register for the exam and the CIDA Review course, your discount on Emerging Issues registration fees goes up to a 50 percent discount.
This course is dedicated to new developments in the investments and derivatives world and the challenges for auditors that results. With all of the risk inherent in this highly complicated area, it is critical to stay on top of the new developments, new risks, new structures, new technology and new regulations. This class will cover all of the “news” that auditors should be concerns about. This is a class you can’t afford to miss if your continued or new responsibility is auditing the investment and derivative areas within your company.
- We are out there with you and we know how difficult it can be to audit the risk metrics in the Risk Management area. Whether it be the math in the models, the risk reports, knowing when the metrics signal trouble or just conducting the interviews with Risk Management, we hope to eliminate some of the pain of auditing this area.
- The SEC created quite the panic when they released their examination results in the alternative investment area, especially in the private equity sector. They disclosed many documented incidences of hidden fees, disallowed fees/expenses by contract, lack of transparency into total fees/expenses and lack of limited partners review into these important and material areas. TorreyCove will be joining us to discuss how to resolve a lot of the issues the SEC examination report addressed and help us understand a company’s responsibility in this area.
- Our favorite economist, Andres Vinelli, from the PCAOB will be back to discuss with us the crazy ride the global markets have been on lately and what we may have to look forward to in the market. Interest rates rising this fall? As always, Andres will be sure to have his opinion. He is the best!
- We will discuss the recent scandals that have hit the markets of late including the FX rigging scandal, as well the recent earnings release hacking scandal that resulted in trading on material non-public information for many high-profile people. As always, we will discuss the control breakdowns to determine what controls were lacking so we can go back and check our own companies.
- We will have a session that will be updating us on Dodd Frank. This update will include where we are currently at in the regulation and what is pending, where we see the regulation moving forward and where the regulation could change given a turnover in the US government in the future.
- The most exciting of all: We are so privileged (after quite a lot of begging) to take a field trip to Tulane University. They have built a $3 million state-of-the-art, live trading floor that trades energy products, FX products, and equity products. The tour will give us the opportunity to see the replicated real-world trading environment in action and the demonstration should be really exciting for our group to see how traders make decisions every day. Two of the esteemed directors of Tulane’s Energy Institute in the A.B. Freeman School of Business, which runs the Trading Center, will also present their thoughts on the energy markets (which dramatically affects all markets) and their perspective of the market going forward.
- Finally, we will conclude with our round table discussion, so please send those questions early so Rob and I will have time to research any topics on which we will need to obtain additional information.
|CPE Hours Available:
|Field of Study:
||Auditing, Accounting, Specialized Knowledge & Applications
||General Knowledge of Audit & Investments
CLICK HERE TO ENROLL FOR A SEMINAR SERIES
CLICK HERE FOR SPRING SERIES HOTEL INFORMATION
CLICK HERE FOR FALL SERIES HOTEL INFORMATION